Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Temm Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(10-26-2013 09:43 PM)buko Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 11:48 PM)Temm Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 11:36 PM)buko Wrote:  Yeah, the other with the base salary was with Weatherford, the next day Schlumberger called me and it was the best offer i think. We will see how long i will make it, it's an interesting job you learn a lot about the whole production and the other services as well, the physical part is just very annoying.
I would go with a big Company like Weatherford or Schlumberger, you will learn more and i assume their safety standard is higher.
Yes, something less physical demanding would be nice

Yeah I was trying to get on with Weatherford but the testing manager said that they weren't bringing on any new guys until the end of next month, so who knows. I read on another forum that Weatherford is shutting down one of their services, coil tubing I think, so I don't know. I heard they were really busy and needing guys bad, but their manager was saying otherwise.

If you have a class 5, should try to get on with Sanjel, Trican, Baker Hughes, etc. I hear they are taking on class 5 drivers and getting them their class 1 just have to stay with them for a year or they take like a few thousand from your pay or something not too sure though.

you mean for frac or coil?
frac iron is thousand times heavier than ours, i want to avoid this physical work Big Grin
i'm not sure about coil though, many guys say it's the best service you can choose, a supervisor can clear over 100k per year with a lot of days, but it takes a long time to be one in coil.
Yes they pay for your class 1 but you get paid way less per month then guys with their class 1 and if you quit before the 1st year is over you need to pay it back. It's better to make the class 1 before applying.

Coil. Yeah fair enough point about the class 1. Where is your services shop based out of? You're living in Calgary right?
10-27-2013 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Temm - 10-27-2013 12:17 PM