Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Quick update from tiny village near the Arctic almost:

My job had me relocate to a small town 3 hours nortj of Etown. Its almost like a cartoon type of town: one main street, one plaza with a few shops, one Wal Mart, one Timmys, one McDo, one Subway and thats pretty much it. No malls, bars, lounges or clubs. But there are some cute little things. The ratio in town must be 10-12 to 1 guy for every lizard. Very scketchy phone reception and no internet since I moved here. I'm using the wifi at the only Timmys in town to check my email and post this. In other words, a fully certified world class shit hole!

Today went to get fitted for work clothes at my boss's house. He looks like a cool older guy. He's also waiting for a call from head office to start on a new project which might start tomorrow or sometime this week.

Nothing much to do here other than reading books ( thanks God I brought a few good ones about travel and adventure) and playing video games on my ipad or with my cool quebecois flatmate.

It snowed on sunday and its starting to get cold already. My boss said once he gets the green lights from head office on the new project it'll be crazy busy non stop every day for the next few months. He also said the hours are long, he would come pick me up at 6 or 7 am to drive to the various job sites all accross Alberta, Saskatchewan or even BC and be back at home at 9 or 10pm. He said his other trainee is clearing about 9K every 3 weeks! He toold me once you get your first ticket, it'll bump to 12-16K!!!

He told me straight up 'if you stick here with me working these crazy hours till spring, by the time it gets warm again in May-June, you will have cleared m100K!!!' Needless to stay I'm very excited!

Im typing this on my phone and dont have a laptop as it died recently. But once I get a proper laptop, I will post a lot more and may even start a blog about my adventures among rednecks, Indians and bears up north here in Alberta.

But guys, get off your lazy butts and get here! Once you're in AB, its just impossible not to make some serious $$$$$$$$!

Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 04:46 PM by Vacancier Permanent.)
10-29-2013 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 14 users Like Vacancier Permanent's post:
Brosemite, speakeasy, Zeus, BusDev, pitt, rudebwoy, Irishi, Swearbox, Emancipator, thebassist, WesternCancer, TheBMan, Avon Barksdale, Excelsior

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Vacancier Permanent - 10-29-2013 04:45 PM