Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Temm Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(11-02-2013 06:24 AM)buko Wrote:  Yeah the Well Testing Supervisor has the most responsibility right behind the consultant, it really sucks. The supervisor knows a lot about all the other services, that's why you are always helping others out, because they don't have a clue about anything else.
As a green hat you are doing all the shit, but i don't care, i knew it will be like this. You are helping everybody out if you don't have anything to do, at least the time goes by fast then.
Currently i'm lucky because the sup and the stud hand (sup working as a hand because we are so short on people) are extremely cool and the day goes by fast joking around. When i get some assholes as co workers maybe it will be the time to quit who knows.
I understand you, i'm also not sure how long i will do it, but at least we got a foot into the industry

Yeah I'm thankful for the opportunity and give it all once called to do something, but what I can't stand is butt kissing. We are out there helping these other groups, which honestly I don't mind cause they are pretty nice people. But we're doing this to "impress" the consultant and save face. I can't stand that kind of shit.

What I don't like is not being able to leave when the shift is over. Like I understand having to debrief the night shift, let them know what you have done and what they need to do, but when the damn consultant decides you can't leave cause other services need you at the well for fuck all, that's just BS.
11-02-2013 10:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Temm's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Temm - 11-02-2013 10:09 PM