Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
buko Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(11-06-2013 08:39 PM)scotian Wrote:  For you guys hating the well testing job, again, try to tough it out as best as you can, sounds like it sucks but honestly most of these entry level gigs do suck. Keep focused on your goals, save up as much cash as possible so you can be in a position to try something else out next spring when the busy shut down season starts up in March/April.

I'm actually kind of surprised that so many guys get into the drilling and oil field services side of things, I've basically promoted the trades on here and always said that I'd never do oil field service work because you'll always be working in some remote shit hole, unless you take an office job.

But keep up the good work guys, stay focused and don't smoke crack haha! I have three days left of work this year then I'm fucking off to South America next week, woo hoo!

Well Testing isn't that bad actually, just the heavy lifting sucks. Everything else is really interesting for me, i like to collect the data and analyze it, it's something i enjoy.
We don't move the location so often, we stay mostly for a couple of weeks at the same place, that means way less travel than other services or trades. My coworkers are nice. I like the camp life, i don't know many people here so i don't mind staying in camp 24 days instead of in a city. My day rate is quite ok and i save a lot staying in camp.
When you are an easy going guy you will have fun with the others. If you don't like when people are farting, burping, talking about pussies, guns or making sometimes fun about you it's not the right place for you.
Today a guy from the service rig showed me how to slide down the v-door, it's fun.
I'm a foreigner so i can't start an apprenticeship. My goal is to get a PR, then i can do everything i want.

Have fun in South America, i envy you. In the coming days it'll be -20° here, you will sunbath somewhere in Brazil or bang some hot colombianas and we will freeze our asses off
11-06-2013 11:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like buko's post:
MunichSux, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - buko - 11-06-2013 11:52 PM