Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Corrigan.Spear Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
So guys I'm five days in working as a greenhand on a Service Rig.

Let me say it's pretty tough work. I've been working my ass off to try and impress my crew and it has done me well. The guys have seen my work ethic and are treating me great. It's certainly not something I'm going to do long term just a great way to save money for Foreign shithole!

My body aches in every way possible, gym no way(for now) but there is certainly some satisfaction at the end of the day. Camp life is great, the food is great and it has an amazing gym once I get used to the physicality of the job. This job wouldnt be for everyone, lots of people have quit before me but im not going to. I'm using this to build greater work ethic for the future.

If you want the money guys get out here just be prepared to work hard long hours.

It's easy for me though I have tons of motivation for long term travel and this will enable me to do that!

I got lots of pms, I'll get back to you within the next week, just super busy!
11-07-2013 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Corrigan.Spear's post:
Irishi, rudebwoy, Vacancier Permanent, scotian

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Corrigan.Spear - 11-07-2013 10:13 AM