Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
PALEO DUDE Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Man I appreciate everyone pitching in their experiences, it's inspired me to contribute as much as I can when I head down from Vancouver in December.

I've searched all over the thread and coudn't find a definite answer for the following questions which i would be grateful if anyone could answer.

How much do entry level kitchen positions make per day at the big camps like PTI or Noralta Lodge? I have no work experience in the kitchen but becoming a chef is a passion I would like to pursue as a career and being that it translates well into game and my personal life is an added bonus. Do they have work year round?

Also I've conditioned my body to run smoothly with consistent sustained energy on a low carb, med protein, high fat diet (which I'm convinced is our bodies preferred form of energy btw) and I don't mind transitioning back to high carb low fat, although my energy won't be as good, I was curious as to whether the food in large and/or small camps would make it possible to follow my high fat low carb regimen, any thoughts?

Big props to Scotian your an original boss man and a big thanks to everyone else who contributed, y'all prob have no idea how much you've influenced an increase in immigration to Alberta through an online fucking forum about game haha, just nuts.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 04:59 PM by PALEO DUDE.)
11-07-2013 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - PALEO DUDE - 11-07-2013 04:35 PM