Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(11-12-2013 10:39 PM)donnie514 Wrote:  Finally made the move and now I'm here in Calgary getting my safety tickets this week then going to drive up and hit all the spots and cities that were mentioned on this thread.

Note to anyone driving. I drove from Montreal to Calgary in just over 50 hours. I'm glad I took the forums advice and brought my car but I will never drive that distance again in that little time.. More than once I almost went off road because of nodding off. Sask. and Manitoba are a super easy drive but Driving through Ontario when I was near Thunderbay was a nightmare at night. Next time I take the American route.

Let me know if anyone wants to share living arrangements I also have a second guy who will also be down.

I don't think I'll ever drive across Canada, I just drove 12 hours from south east Saskatchewan to Edmonton yesterday and I was beat, I couldn't imagine driving for four or five days straight.

Good luck in Cowtown man you picked the nicest city in Alberta to live in, I hope you find work quickly and to the rest of you RVF guys in Hellberta, have fun freezing your asses off this winter, I'm flying to south America on Thursday, suckers! Banana

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
11-13-2013 12:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like scotian's post:
MunichSux, WanderingSoul, renotime

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 11-13-2013 12:26 AM