Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Kane Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Big shout out to scotian and Irishman, I've been reading this thread since November 8th and finally got the approval to post. Thanks to Donnie514 for driving from Montreal to Calgary, it inspired me to set in motion my leaving Montreal as well in early January 2014. I've read all 80 pages now twice in better grasping all aspects of the oil/gas industry. I have $5,000 saved up with potential rooms to rent and hopefully getting a beater truck when I land in Edmonton. I'll be going for the leasehand positions and will be seeking apprenticeship in either electrician or welder in the future. My work history has been working for a landscaping company down in Florida,USA and mostly warehouse jobs in pool supplies, textiles, adhesives and probiotics in Montreal so I know the meaning of hard labour. I've move more than 10 times in my life to 3 different countries yet thinking about moving to Alberta makes me excited and terrified at the same time. I can't wait to hopefully meet you guys that made the plunge in order to better your lives and not settling for the status quo.
12-02-2013 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Kane's post:
Zeus, scotian, Dejan

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Kane - 12-02-2013 08:16 PM