Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
buko Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-03-2013 12:39 AM)TO2AB Wrote:  I thought I'll provide regular updates too after making the move here to Edmonton from Toronto. Working for the big red, we just had been under training for the past 3 weeks until today. Out of 30 guys brought on board for the winter projects, 24 of us were let go with the reason provided as slow season and cancelled contracts. So I'm kinda back to square one and will be cluster bombing my resume for the rest of the week.

The only way to look at it is that I got paid to get my tickets. Have been hitching rides with new co workers so far but now would have to get my own vehicle sooner than I planned. I wonder if the crunch is being felt across other oil and gas companies. Just a heads up guys that rental places are drying up too. So whoever is thinking of making the move, I'd reckon to be little prompt with their decision.

Yeah the same thing for me. I got a job at another Well Testing company and they are slow as well. Today i got a call that all contracts got cancelled until the end of the year. Tomorrow i start applying again. It's extremely slow everywhere what i heard. It really sucks.
12-03-2013 04:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes buko's post:
MunichSux

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - buko - 12-03-2013 04:29 AM