Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-03-2013 10:20 AM)MunichSux Wrote:  Seems as if the whole oil sands thing has gotten a healthy dose of overhype here on rooshv, now it's time for a reality check !

I've said it on here a million times before, the oil sands are slow, sometimes very slow from December until about March, which is why I leave for tropical third world shit holes during that time where my money goes farther. That's not to say that there isn't work out there, if you're desperate, hit up some temp agencies and see what they have, I've done it before to tie me over. If you're with a company that doesn't have much work and you're sitting on your ass, don't wait around, tell them you have to work. There's work out there guys, from what I hear its been snowing like crazy all over Alberta so I can imagine that the landscaping companies need guys to shovel snow and operate ploughs.

This is why I've said from the beginning of this thread, if you want to work in the oil sands, move to Alberta in March/April or August/September because if you move out after October or before March, you may find yourself sitting on your ass or working a job that you don't want to be doing.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
12-03-2013 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like scotian's post:
MunichSux, pitt, Beyond Borders, a.canuck

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 12-03-2013 11:35 AM