Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Laurifer Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-05-2013 05:35 PM)blazer88888 Wrote:  Hey guys I'm looking for some solid advice here. I'm 19 living in Canada, Toronto to be exact. I was in university last year but decided it just wasn't for me so here I am taking this year off to figure things out. I'm seriously interested going over to Alberta to work the oil sands but I haven't got any experience in the construction/oil/trades business. I've only got retail experience.

So, what should someone in my position do? I want to do more then just shovel snow or dig trenches so what's the best Certificate/Diploma that I should attain in the shortest amount of time to maximize my earnings while over there? Electrical tech, management etc.

Thanks

Get a diploma in Women's and Gender Studies.

Or just read through the first post of this thread.

Quote:The biggest number of jobs are those in the building trades, they are fairly easy to get into and are all very WELL PAYING jobs, these include: welder, pipe fitter, electrician, boiler maker, scaffolder, iron worker, crane operator, industrial insulator, etc. All of these trades are in high demand, if you take a pre-employment course at a community college (4-12 weeks, depends on trade)
12-05-2013 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Laurifer - 12-05-2013 07:20 PM