Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-08-2013 11:06 PM)BadWolf Wrote:  Here is a new question that hasn't been asked. How do I bring my foreign wife to the oil fields. I am Canadian, born and raised. She is smoking hot by western standards and I'd like for both of us to make money but I don't want her getting raped by guys out there. Is there a safe place where she can work without having any problems? She'd like to either be a nurse, cook or a hairstylist. What sorts of girly careers do they have in Alberta that make decent money? I can't leave her alone over night she is terrified of ghosts.

Really, the only city in the oil sands is Fort McMurray although the Athasaca oil sands also extend to Slave Lake, a small city of about 15,000, and to the Peace River area. I have lived in Fort Mac and would live there again but I wouldn't want to live in those small towns because I'd be bored out of my mind. Fort McMurray is quite mutli-cultural and shouldn't be too hard to find work there but the costs are high.

If you want to be home every night and see your wife daily but also want to make the most money you can, then Fort McMurray is the place to be.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
12-08-2013 11:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 12-08-2013 11:53 PM