Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-13-2013 05:28 PM)komatiite Wrote:  @206fan: I'm a former wellsite geologist and have worked on Savanna rigs before. Excellent company IMO, like the rest of the thread preaches, just work your ass off and if you display any modicum of intellect you'll advance quickly. Get to work soon though, spring break up is approaching!

Coming from a geologist perspective, feel free to ask us any questions about the rocks, it will really give you an idea on how important the rocks are in the oil patch, and we are so lonely in our shacks we love explaining shit to others! I think nothing is cooler than holding a chunk of rock that used to be a coral reef at the equator 350 million years ago (but then again, I am a complete rock nerd)!

Please don't piss in the sample bags, it really stinks up our shacks when we cook them up! Haha

Welcome to the thread, you should write a post telling guys how to get into your line of work. Do you work with wireline companies at all? A good friend of mine did that for a few years, mostly up around GP and Tumbler Ridge in BC, said it was a decent gig with good pay, he didn't have any previous training, high school drop out.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
12-13-2013 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like scotian's post:
PALEO DUDE, komatiite

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 12-13-2013 05:39 PM