Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-17-2013 03:48 PM)attentiveone Wrote:  
(12-17-2013 03:24 PM)scotian Wrote:  
(12-17-2013 01:40 PM)attentiveone Wrote:  Although I have experience in quite a few things yet not enough for a safe (I'm female but don't mind getting dirty) oil field position it looks like the only position that is an "immediate" slam dunk for me is a kitchen helper at $18/hr in a remote camp. :o(

Don't worry when you're scooping gravy onto the lumpy mashed potatoes the greasy tradesmen they will be hitting you up for dates, offering you money for sex, offering you drugs, stalking you and of course, offering you jobs. Use your vagina to your advantage, you go grrrl!

LOL! Ewwwwwwwwwwww! No thanks!

If that grosses you out then you may want to reconsider your career options, seriously guys are pretty fucked up in the camps, you'll hear and see some crazy things. It may not be too bad for the camp staff, but onsite it can be brutal, I've seen women be sexually harassed and assaulted the guys doing it were run off site, but kept their jobs within the company. As I've wrote on here before, there's plenty of opportunities for women but they need thick skin to hack it.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
12-17-2013 05:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 12-17-2013 05:08 PM