Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
attentiveone Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-17-2013 08:10 PM)BadWolf Wrote:  
Quote:Although I have experience in quite a few things yet not enough for a safe (I'm female but don't mind getting dirty) oil field position it looks like the only position that is an "immediate" slam dunk for me is a kitchen helper at $18/hr in a remote camp. :o(

Now that sounds like the Canadian women I know! Ungrateful, entitled, expect the best of everything because they are women and expect you to help them because you are a man.

Damn my wife would be happy to take that job as would I. Love workin in the kitchen! You never go hungry and its always warm working over a burner. I don't know why people get so insulted over cooking, when I was 24 I took a chefing course and it was great, learned how to cook all sorts of great stuff. No better feeling when hungry guys are chowing down on your work and they compliment you on it.

If you are scoffing at an $18/hour cooking job, then you've clearly never worked in a restaurant before let alone a regular job.

I'm only responsible for what I say not for what u understand. FYI the sad face at the $18/hr rate was because my management experience won't get me squat in the "skilled" trade and I am used to earning much more than that. I once owned 2 restaurants (as well as other ventures) so I have no problem cooking or baking. I've also crawled on my belly in crawlspaces as well as climbed 25 ft ladders so this girl has no sense of entitlement when it come to job duties. In the future please ask more questions before making assumptions. Blush
12-17-2013 11:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - attentiveone - 12-17-2013 11:12 PM