Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
TravellingSoldier Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(01-05-2014 02:36 PM)energyy Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 11:01 PM)TravellingSoldier Wrote:  No problem man, if you have questions about places to get your tickets and hostels/finding a place just ask Smile What part of Canada are you from? I'm from Ontario and tbh it isn't as bad out here as everyone says. It's not a humid cold so it doesn't "stick to your bones" so to speak. It's just worse if you have exposed skin/improper gloves and boots. So as long as you dress warm, wear a balaclava and good boots and gloves, you'll be good.

Thank you very much. I will be sure to ask you about those things before i make the trip. I'm from Toronto. Nice city but its hard to get apprenticeship with a company here. Don't really mind the cold that much. And I know its boring out west, which you should already be accustomed to since you lived in Hamilton lol. But hey, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages by a landslide and I'm ready to take on that challenge. Its good to see that you have that drive at a young age. At that age i still didnt know what I wanted to do in life. But its all good. Very good decision you've chosen. Thank you for your support and I will definitely keep in touch with you.

Cool man, just a heads up. You can do the CPR and first aid through St. Johns Ambulance or Red Cross before you come out and they are recognized here. I also did H2S Alive in Beamsville, Ontario (you can do it in a few other places too) before I came out. It's a little more pricey but if you are looking to be prepared and start work ASAP, you can get some tickets while still on Ontario ground.

01-05-2014 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - TravellingSoldier - 01-05-2014 04:19 PM