Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
VanCityGuy Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hi,
I just moved to Calgary from Vancouver (living with my brother) to look for a job in the oil sands or construction related. I am looking for a camp job with FIFO to Calgary or Vancouver.

I am physically fit, completely drug and alcohol free and available to asap. I am willing and capable of doing hard labour.

I have all the tickets: First Aid Level 3, Construction Safety Officer (CSO), NCSO (in progress), COR Internal Auditor, H2S, CSTS, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection...but I do not have my driver's license (have major fines to pay ).

My last job was for a construction forming company I went from labourer to CSO in about 3 years...so I can work labour.

So far it’s been a month and no luck at all...WHERE SHOULD I BE LOOKING? FORT MCMURRAY? EDMONTON? WHEN IS THE NEXT HIRING SEASON? WHAT UNIONS SHOULD I APPLY TO?

Thanks for your help in advance.
01-08-2014 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - VanCityGuy - 01-08-2014 08:05 PM