Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Temm Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(01-09-2014 12:00 AM)scotian Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 09:13 PM)Irishman Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 08:54 PM)206Fan Wrote:  Hey Scotian,

I'm planning on flying over to Edmonton at the start of March. I will get the H2S tickets sorted straight away. I presume this is a good time to go knocking on all the drilling companies doors looking for a lease-hand job?

Cheers!

March is literally the worst time of year possible. Its the beginning of the seasonal slow down period or 'break up'. Most guys cant even keep working not to mind getting hired. Read the full thread man.

The refinery/petro-chemical side of things (which I work in, the trades side) picks up big time in March/April.

Yeah I'd like to get into that area once spring breakup begins in the oil patch. I just got back to work this week and am currently on my first camp job--it's not that bad, plus I'm only here for a few days and then off to some place else I guess.

I tell you I'd rather be working outside in Alberta as opposed to Saskatchewan--what a crap hole that province is. The entire time I was back there for Christmas the average temp was -20s with -30 wind chills. And here in Alberta it's not even close to that--yay chinooks!
01-10-2014 06:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Temm - 01-10-2014 06:18 PM