Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
donnie514 Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Update

Thanks again everyone for making this thread a goldmine of info and making it enticing enough for somebody to read and then drop everything to come down too join in on the action. (what I did anyways)

Came down in November with 0 experience in anything labour and 0 tickets. Quickly got all my tickets but did not land a job in the oilfield or anything close to it. After 2 weeks of applying and no response I took a measly labour job here in Edmonton for a small construction company. I mostly drove a telehandler outside (super fun) and or swept for 8+ hours (learning Portuguese on ipod). Met some ex oil guys who were basically too old to work who gave me great info and tips and met future employers who have work for me lined up.

Anyways I waited until the beginning of this week to apply. Back in November I remembered walking into a nice renovated office that smelt nice and had super cute girl working so this was my first pick when I went back. Walked in the interviewer remembered me and gave me the job on the spot.

Im now a Floorhand for one of the bigger Well Servicing Companies and when the season is over I have a gig I can roll into right away from a big construction company up in Fort Mac.

Thanks everyone!
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014 07:26 PM by donnie514.)
01-15-2014 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 10 users Like donnie514's post:
DjembaDjemba, Jack Of All Trades, Atlantic, Temm, komatiite, Zeus, Irishi, Vacancier Permanent, 206Fan, Hispanic_Reasoning

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - donnie514 - 01-15-2014 07:25 PM