Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Temm Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(01-17-2014 01:25 PM)Buzzyfurbox Wrote:  
(01-17-2014 12:42 PM)Irishman Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 12:28 PM)Buzzyfurbox Wrote:  Irishman what maths are required for MWD'ing? thanks!!

Yearly salary + day rate + food allowance + truck allowance + mileage.

Joking.

Honestly the maths are pretty basic, most of the figures I dealt with our auto generated and/or enter into excel and worked out through auto-formulas.

An aptitude with computers is probably more important. That said it definitely doesn't hurt to be good at maths.

hahahaha quality!!!

Ya that's good, was looking online and it said there was a lot of trigonometry involved,wasn't sure if it was true or not,i'm heading over in April and i'll be applying for MWD jobs straight away,not going to stop till I get one, Scotian and Irishman thanks for all the great posts, very informative, cheers!!

You probably want to apply for a MWD position in the fall man. I'm no expert but those guys work falls in line with the drilling season, which tends to slow down in April because of spring breakup. Then it picks back up in June/July and really begins to kickoff come fall and into winter.
01-18-2014 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Temm - 01-18-2014 01:34 PM