Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Nascimento Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
"Don't you feel like, you should be in school or something?"

The words of a co-worker my age when she found out the reason I've been working more hours recently at our fast-food restaurant: I've been out of school. I took the semester off half-way through my third year.

Why? My focus was off. My mind was on other things. I was strongly considering making the move to the oilsands last September. It still remains a strong option for me, and I think this year I will pull the trigger.

Even if things don't work out, at worst I'll be able to pay off my accumulating school debt.

I'm currently stacking my chips for two things:
- Travel
- Oilsands

I'm currently reading through this massive goldmine of a thread and making notes, it's a long process but I'll be finished within a week. I have yet to decide between going to Alberta in April or September. I'm not quite sure yet which would be the better time for me.

I also have plans to make my first solo trip abroad to some Latin/Caribbean country. It shouldn't be too expensive as I am looking at one of the more economical options, allowing me to still head over to the oilsands this year. The only catch would probably be that if I do make this solo trip, I would have to let the oilsands wait until Aug-Sep, as opposed to a couple months from now.

Any thoughts? Perhaps I'll have a better idea of when a better time for me to go would be by the time I actually finish reading over the entire thread.. Nevertheless, I consider this an update of some sorts, and another shout out to the guys that are out there and have provided so much useful information, you know who you are!
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 04:30 PM by Nascimento.)
01-23-2014 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Nascimento - 01-23-2014 04:29 PM