Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-11-2014 11:08 PM)Condog Wrote:  Well RVF, this post will serve as my genesis and as such I will attempt to be as comprehensive and thorough in my descriptions as possible.

+1 for an informative and insight post right off the bat.

Interesting story man.

I kind of relate to your spending habits. Last winter I was booking $400 a night hotel rooms for banging girls and drinking heavily. Unfortunately I ended up nearly broke when the drilling season got quite. Good to see you are having fun while your young though.

Haven't tried Union Hall but I have heard good things.

Ill disagree on the ranch. I had an epic night there with a few make outs, pulling a girl back to the hostel (what got me banned) and was receiving crazy attention of girls. It was a Wednesday student night. Might have been down to being Irish and rolling with an Australian though so we had foreign factor.

I am impressed man - bottle service and suit game at 20.

After last years mistakes I would recommend being a bit smarter with your money but at the same time your still pretty young so don't stress it too much either as long as you have yourself covered.

I am hoping to crack Oilsands daygame this year once it heats up so will be interesting to see what your thoughts are on that.

Best of luck with the blog and welcome to the patch.
02-12-2014 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atlantic's post:
Condog

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 02-12-2014 01:45 PM