Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
kimz Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
TRAVELLING SOLDIER.

Thanks a lot. much appreciated.
i forgot to mention that am only 19 and inexperienced especially when it comes to those kinda jobs up north. that includes welding, pipe-fitting, electrician etc etc. am not sure if there any short courses offered there that can land me some quick experience/certificate to just get a job as a green hand before i can channel my way up to something more solid??
scotian mention CEDA and CLEAN HABOURS that almost offers a job to people off the street. is it worth to just fly in and get those kinda jobs 1st then figure out what i can do afterwards?

how do someone get to the camps? do you apply for those jobs outside fort mac and fly in when you get one? or you can just show up there and look for a job?

i have a experience in other kinds of jobs that i have done in so many different places...but not exactly oil or rigs related ones.

all answers are appreciated.
02-13-2014 03:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - kimz - 02-13-2014 03:23 PM