Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Jaysive Away
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Thank you Scotian and everyone else involved in this thread, read the entire thing in a couple days and learned quite a bit.
I have heard of the oil sands/rigs since I was in high school however did not read more about it until now. This is a great opportunity for anyone, especially people like myself living in Alberta.

I am more interested in the trades rather than the oil rigs, specifically welding. Any welders out there, why did you get into welding? I am mainly interested in it because of the money and the ability to advance past a JM if you so choose.

Currently have no tickets, all the relevant experience I have is 5-6 months of general labor/framing. Gotta be getting them tickets real soon.

Been living in Alberta my entire life, can definitely say working outside in the winter is something you do not want to do. Would it be ideal for apprentices to work 6 months and avoid the winter? Of course it would take longer to complete the apprenticeship, is this something only JM can do?
02-13-2014 09:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jaysive's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Jaysive - 02-13-2014 09:19 PM