Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
komatiite Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
@Zarathustra Good luck man. I remember my first year of uni when I had literally no idea what to take, so started down the business path simply because it "seemed like a good way to make money." That summer I got a job in the oilfield and it was a life-changing experience, I decided to pursue the sciences in school after getting a taste of the oil patch. It truly is a very interesting industry; a collection of almost every discipline known to man uniting to make some coin! So many young kids go into business school with expectations of being highly paid i-bankers for big banks, but often end up in a boring desk jockey lifestyle, without understanding that the best way to get ahead in this business is through either sciences, tradework or brute physical labour. I wish you all the best, go make some cash!
02-13-2014 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like komatiite's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Zarathustra

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - komatiite - 02-13-2014 09:45 PM