Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey guys couldn't stay long at the meet up, got to head north in the morning, but was good to meet ye for a bit.

Ill be back around again in a few weeks so maybe catch ye properly then.

Just some guidelines for the newer people arriving regarding meet ups:

If you meet someone who has been out here for a while and they have brought friends/co-workers try to keep 'forum' talk to a minimum. It puts peoples relationships and employment at risk if you give away their forum details/involvement.

Personally I have no problem meeting up with people off the forum but as this thread grows and more people arrive please be sensitive with the information you have regarding other forum members.

Regarding myself I would prefer if forum members didn't share my name, phone number and work details with people I have not already meet in person. If they are curious and want some info about me get them to PM me and I will get in touch with them.

Also when I meet up with people I would prefer if they did not mention my forum activity to non-forum members who might be around. This doesn't mean you have to create a fictitious reason for knowing me but rather you just don't mention the forum directly:

'So I heard you are busy' rather then 'I seen on the forum you are busy'

To one of my friends: 'Hey nice to meet you I'm Jim, I just moved here from Australia' rather then 'Nice to meet you I'm pussyhound909 from the forums'

Hope everyone gets what I am getting at. Not trying to sound like a dick but just keep in mind that most of us like to keep our forum activity online and not in the public domain.

Thanks and again was good to see ye guys if only for a bit.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 10:59 PM by Atlantic.)
02-13-2014 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like Atlantic's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Tresdus, rdvirus, DjembaDjemba, PanzerTape, MunichSux

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 02-13-2014 10:56 PM