Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
rdvirus Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
This CSTS course is driving me insane! I know 99% of the stuff already, just wish I didn't have to watch all these stupid videos. Hoping to get it out of the way this afternoon.. Got my H2S certificate yesterday. Going to drop off my resume at a few of the offices in Calgary then head up to Nisku/Edmonton this week and hit the pavement. Will go to the labourers union as well and see if they will take me on. Have a few connections with a unionized company so its a prerequisite to getting hired on. Hoping H2S and CSTS will suffice but might take First Aid/CPR as well so i'm a little more qualified. Have a few years of labour experience, on and off construction sites so hopefully that gives me a little edge. I quit my job and gave my landlord notice I was leaving so the safety nets are kinda gone now.. Love diving straight into things, always makes for some interesting experiences. Might have to sleep in my truck for a couple nights Tongue

Conceived to beat all odds like Las Vegas
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 06:16 PM by rdvirus.)
02-17-2014 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - rdvirus - 02-17-2014 05:45 PM