Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
alphaspiraton Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-19-2014 08:24 PM)Laurifer Wrote:  Hi guys,

Today after going to several drilling companies in Nisku, I walked into Trinidad Drilling and was hired on the spot. I take a piss test on Tuesday and I probably start my hell week initiation soon after that. Wish I hadn't wasted my time at the other places had I known Trinidad would take me right away.

I was wondering what essential items do you veteran drilling workers bring with you?

Also, what PPE will the company be providing for me and what do I need to provide on my own?

I'll probably find out Tuesday but it would be nice to know in advance.

Also, thanks to Scotian and everyone else. Wouldn't have found the motivation to do it without the wealth of information from this thread!

Congrats dude! For the items that you should bring with you, check out Atlantic's (irishman) thread that he started. He mentions in there somewhere on the items that he bought.

Also - did you find employment as a leasehand? I thought the oil drilling was closing down in March/April?

Check out this for equipment that they recommend you bring:
http://www.toughnecks.com/become_drilling.php#salary

Do you know how many hours you will be working? Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 08:40 PM by alphaspiraton.)
02-19-2014 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like alphaspiraton's post:
Laurifer, Atlantic, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - alphaspiraton - 02-19-2014 08:39 PM