Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
simdog87 Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-25-2014 05:04 AM)Seanchaí Wrote:  Salmon,

Thanks for the info I hadn't heard that the process is being changed, although it doesn't surprise me, word is out that 'there's gold in them there hills' and it only makes sense that the Canadians want to tighten up the borders.

From what I read about applying for PR status was that all you needed was a minimum of one years employment in a specified job along with the basic requirements of not getting arrested for pissing on a cop car.

How are you getting on over there? Are you in the process of applying for PR?

As a side note about emigration does anyone else think that with Canada becoming the new promised land and so many American's trying to get in that Yanks will become to Canada what Mexicans are to America.

You could Marry a Canadian lass ?

Its funny all this talk of tightening who actually gets accepted (is fair) but Im sure I heard talk about Aussies in future being able to get a WHV up until the age of 35. Now im unsure if they are going to scrap the 4 year Maximum working time in Canada. Seems kind of odd to offer schemes to get workers but only offer them 4 years.

Im not sure how this applies the Brits. Its interesting none the less.

I think Americans should kindly f*ck off. Those spots should be reserved for Aussies and maybe a few poms (Irish need not apply)

Want the Canadian lifestyle Americano ? Move to Montana Banana
02-26-2014 04:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - simdog87 - 02-26-2014 04:09 AM