Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
killongy Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Well got some welding done and I am liking it more than I thought I would but I am gonna wait awhile and see if its something I can see myself doing for a long period of time.

Currently I am doing some stick/mig welding in maintenance work but I am mostly on surface prep and clean up. I usually get the parts that wont be affected by fuck ups.

. Still idk how to go about the tickets or certs needed to work a shut down in the oil sands , I am gonna have to pick a day to do some serious research on it because I am getting nothing with the quick google searches.

goal is pipeline work which i know u need to challenge the b pressure ticket after getting JM status or something ( might be talking out my ass) but I am interested in cutting and making things fit (fabrication) since I am into sand/tarmac racing and want to work on my own car.

Basically 4 months left in mechanical engineering course ( 2 yrs long) so I am going to give NAIT a ring and contact my embassy for some details.

All in all I am pumped to make the move to canada
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 07:38 PM by killongy.)
03-01-2014 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - killongy - 03-01-2014 07:34 PM