Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Snuke Offline
Pigeon
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-28-2014 09:35 PM)Zarathustra Wrote:  Man oh man, the most f#&ed up past few days of my life. 12 hour shifts and than binge drinking with a crazy crew and showing up to work with 4 hours of sleep the next day. I've turned into a zombie.

Hahah Welcome to the patch bro. 8 year veteran here (which is actually a long time for around here), she isn't for everyone. Just be careful man. I know from experience when new guys hit that zombie stage (We all have been their), that's were the big accidents happen or even death. Just keep your head on and bail on a few binge nights if you have too. Defiantly don't feel pressured to keep up with these guys (probably the most important thing I tell my new green hands). Whats wild is it was even way worse 5-10 years ago. Not even nearly as tame as it is today.
03-01-2014 10:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snuke's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Snuke - 03-01-2014 10:32 PM