Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Moneypitlover Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Been contemplating the move from Ontario for the last couple years but never pulled the trigger do to lack of info/contacts. Got serious and made a couple of "solid" contacts this past summer (both my neighbours) so I figured this would be the perfect time to make the move, cool. So just before xmas I have a solid plan worked out with one of my contacts who wants a ride out as he doesn't like to fly, a 30 year vet Iron worker (contact #1). I get geared up, sell off what's not needed to fatin the bank roll and I'm good to go for the 6am departure... long story short he disappears the day of... fuck! on to contact #2, another 30 year vet now back to work in Fort St John who offered me a heavy equipment operator position. Gave him a ring the same day and he says he wants to retire and pretty much brushed me off with a dead end contact number... double fuck!
Extremely angry, hating humanity and myself for letting this happen I find myself searching the internet for a answer, to what I don't know, I just typed in oil sands and BOOM! 6IN6!. I cant say enough to the contributors of this thread/forum, so informative, slick and comical.
Reading about all these single guys living life, working hard, travelling, fucking girls, making stacks was truly inspiring and totally changed my way of thinking.

I gave myself a couple more weeks of organizing/ partying with friends then I'm out. Regardless of what happens I will #1 enjoy myself and #2 find my calling.

Once again thanks to all the solid peeps in this thread, hopefully Ill be able to make it to a gathering for some dranks Thumb up
03-03-2014 08:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Moneypitlover's post:
Zeus, Atlantic, Laurifer, rdvirus, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Moneypitlover - 03-03-2014 08:58 PM