Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
komatiite Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(03-05-2014 07:59 PM)blazer88888 Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 09:46 PM)scotian Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 05:35 PM)blazer88888 Wrote:  Hey guys I'm looking for some solid advice here. I'm 19 living in Canada, Toronto to be exact. I was in university last year but decided it just wasn't for me so here I am taking this year off to figure things out. I'm seriously interested going over to Alberta to work the oil sands but I haven't got any experience in the construction/oil/trades business. I've only got retail experience.

So, what should someone in my position do? I want to do more then just shovel snow or dig trenches so what's the best Certificate/Diploma that I should attain in the shortest amount of time to maximize my earnings while over there? Electrical tech, management etc.

Thanks

Is making quick money your main objective or would you consider taking a two year technical diploma and get into something that would be more of a career? If I was 19, that's what I would do.

What technical diplomas could I explore?

Well, what are you interested in doing?

http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses/...eships.php

Does anything listed there pique your interest?
03-05-2014 09:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - komatiite - 03-05-2014 09:43 PM