Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Alberta Welder Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
That's what seems to be happening. I'll be camping out there a lot this coming week and maybe I'll be able to learn some more about that situation. I have never seen a call out for apprentices so it might be worth throwing your resume at Union companies to get your foot in the door.

Gotta do some welding tests to see if I can get on a site. Good thing I'm still employed otherwise I'd be looking at going broke pretty fast. I'm confident I can pass the tests but I'll have to take some time off just to take them. The welding shop is open at night though so it might help to get some practice in before I pull a slip that demands more qualifications. All the jobs that ask for just a B Pressure ticket are quickly swiped up by unemployed members before it goes out to everyone (after 2 days of being on the board).

Talked to some people working at the hall and they say that it's supposed to be picking up in the spring.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 11:47 PM by Alberta Welder.)
03-21-2014 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Alberta Welder - 03-21-2014 11:38 PM