Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
simdog87 Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(04-01-2014 11:22 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Simdog,
Bring any tickets you have. It won't hurt. Not sure they would be recognized here but it won't hurt to bring them with you.

What field do you have in mind? Do you have any experience in anything related? Like field, trade experience?

Do you have proper work visa? That will be a major thing.

It doesn't really matter what places are hiring now. What matters is what places will be hiring when you are physically here.

Cheers.

I might just leave them at home. Dont want to risk losing these expensive bits of paper if I decide to come back. Any field really, I mainly have low end shitkicking experience so im already at a disadvantage, mine site experience included..I have a visa all set up, just staying in a hostel for a few days before I decide if Edmonton is worth my time. Unlike many on here Im on a timeline so I cant mess around for too long otherwise I dont have a job to come back too (shit job)

It seem to me that theres lots of gung-ho really confident folk posting on this thread who just seem to arrive from the UK and it all gets sorted. Good for them but its not my personality..Which is why im looking for more concrete opinions/advice.

Thanks for replying anyway.
04-02-2014 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - simdog87 - 04-02-2014 09:50 PM