Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
random Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
I suggest to go and buy a tent and set it up close to the North Saskatchewan river. I have seen some hobos there, so they might give you other useful tips. Or http://humanservices.alberta.ca/homelessness/14633.html - I think Salvation Army in the downtown used to have 40 bucks a week "deal". Holy fuck, $300, too bad I'm not in Edmonton anymore. I would even try churches if I were you. No kidding man, do it. Spending money in the hostel is a luxury you can't afford.

You can freeride the Internet in the library by the Churchill sq. Speaking of transportation, buy 10 tickets (24 bucks I believe) and try showing drivers the old ones. Cops are only on LRT, so don't do that there.

Otherwise, I would go to the northwestern part of the city to get a job. Door by door. A lot of industry is there and you surely will find 15 dollars an hour job. Moving companies are probably starting hiring people, too. They pay 15-18/hr (e.g. AMJ Campbell), depending on experience and what you demand. Always demand the most they offer and don't forget to tune your resume.

You can get 11 an hour everywhere. McDonald's is always hiring. I'm not suggesting to be picky, but rather to look for a job for at least couple of days than going directly to fast food chains or groceries.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2014 03:09 PM by random.)
04-25-2014 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes random's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - random - 04-25-2014 03:02 PM