Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Albertron Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
This whole winter, I've been working close to 70 hr weeks. Other than the mini vacation I took to Coachella, I can count on my hands how many days off I've had since October.

Obviously, the money is great. My psyche, though, has taken a beating from all the hours of work. Noticed this when I was up at Coachella. Didn't help that I was high on many substances though, it actually made it worse, haha.

Anyway, sometimes I pass through this thread to see what's up. Most of you guys asking questions really gotta stop being fucking lazy and at the very least, read this thread from page 1. From page 55-ish onwards, it's the same questions and information cycling through again and again. No wonder the "veterans" are not responding here anymore.

There are two reasons why people can't find a job here. It's either because they're lazy, or they're retarded.

So, since Alberta is the fastest growing province in Canada (for obvious reasons), you can try this:

Grow a fucking pair, and make the move to Alberta.

You guys are looking to be fed with a silver spoon. If that's the case, then you're probably not ready for the oil patch. The information you need is here but it is impossible to account for every single variable, i.e. type of person you are, hiring seasons PER industry, type of people you may meet, etc.

Like Atlantic said: "This is the oil patch, not the cabbage patch".
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 11:52 AM by Albertron.)
05-01-2014 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Albertron's post:
Vacancier Permanent, DjembaDjemba, komatiite, buko, a.canuck

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Albertron - 05-01-2014 11:46 AM