Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
TravellingSoldier Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey guys,

As some of you might know, I'm currently an electrician in Alberta. I'm finding the field isn't for me. I don't know if a trade is right for me, although I like the money and seasonal working aspect of the camps (currently in the patch near ft. mac building a rig). I don't have a whole lot of mechanical aptitude and I like to be the leader of my groups usually. Thought about crane or heavy equipment operating... maybe even working on a pipeline. I don't know where to start looking.

I'm not going to quit my job until I find something else, but if anyone has a recommendation for me, please let me know. (Not looking to have a blast, but something more laid back and "fun" is what I'm looking for).

Thanks so much in advance!!

P.S - please don't tell me to read the thread, I've read it in it's entirety. Just looking for some opinions from real world experience Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2014 10:27 PM by TravellingSoldier.)
05-04-2014 10:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - TravellingSoldier - 05-04-2014 10:21 PM