Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
komatiite Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(05-09-2014 08:22 PM)Failing Wrote:  scotian, I'm a Canadian native living in the US looking to get into oil, if I pay my own way into a mud school, can I find a job up there?

Rough Translation (Sorry if I missed anything, Lazy Questions on RVF Oilsands Thread is not my first language):
"Scotian, I am too lazy to phone schools or companies that offer drilling fluid training here in the US to see if they have had any cases where students have gone on to work in Canada. As well, I have not contacted any companies in Canada to see if they hire drilling fluid engineers from specific drilling fluid training programs in the States. In fact, I have not even tried to connect the dots on the concept that my best opportunity for gaining employment in Canada would be to try and get my training through a company that has operations in both Canada and the USA. However, please make sure I have a safety net of landing a guaranteed six-figure job once I graduate from a program I have about 1% intention of actually enrolling in."

If you had bothered to read the thread, you would learn that Scotian works in the trades at refineries and facilities. Mud engineers work on or around drilling rigs, which are much more prevalent in conventional oilfield operations, not the oil sands. Scotian has gone above and beyond by providing random internet strangers with a ton of information and advice based on his experiences-- he is not here to hold a Q & A with guys who show no initiative to dig out details on their own.

Too many lazy posters here asking asinine questions these days.
05-09-2014 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like komatiite's post:
Tresdus, DjembaDjemba, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - komatiite - 05-09-2014 09:14 PM