Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
ash093 Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(05-14-2014 01:00 AM)Screwston Wrote:  
(05-14-2014 12:20 AM)ash093 Wrote:  
(05-13-2014 07:42 PM)Screwston Wrote:  ^^Go to Midland or Odessa, TX. You ain't gonna get in Canada easily.

Are there links to jobs for these areas? Also, it seems to be worth the hassle trying to get into Canada considering the pay, hours available and expenses being covered.
No theres no links. Research the oil field before trying to jump into it. Youre clueless about that world in your own country yet want to hop into it in another country. Im not explaining everything over and over for guys who are all talk and no action. Pack your shit and go to Midland or Odessa if you're serious about making a change.

Fair enough. But I'm not clueless. From the jobs I had found about a month ago, Canada's jobs were paying more so I said fuck the U.S. jobs available in the industry in Texas, Ohio, ND, and so forth. But since Canada's a hassle getting work in as an American, I'll get on my shit and starting putting out applications left and right. Also, according to Craigslist, rent for apartments is rather pricey. I'm considering renting my own place as opposed to camping if that's available. This of course depends on many factors.
05-14-2014 01:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - ash093 - 05-14-2014 01:46 AM