Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
BadWolf Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
My wife reminded me today, I'm getting too old to change careers more than once or twice more if I'm lucky. She's going to end up pregnant, probably as soon as we hit Canadian soil. So today I've spent all day looking over the different trades.

While I know this isn't REALLY Oil field related, do any of you guys know any Aircraft Mechanics? I've always been fascinated by airplanes and it seems that there are several 2 years diploma programs for the AME. That or I guess Heavy Equipment Mechanic but I'm certainly more interested in planes. The only other thing that I really like doing is working on forklifts, so I could definetely see myself repairing those long term, again, probably not oil related.

They must have helicopters out in the oil patch right? I don't really know if there are many jobs available for Aircraft mechanics in Canada, I figure they are all probably in the US. How difficult would it be to transition from Heavy Equipment to Aircraft, if that's even possible at all. I really don't know anything about these fields so my questions might sound a little stupid.

One thing that sort of sucks is that there are no trades related to Space Companies, that would be my first pick. I guess you have to be an Engineer to get into that.

(I'm Canadian BTW).
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 10:16 AM by BadWolf.)
05-14-2014 10:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - BadWolf - 05-14-2014 10:03 AM