Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Online
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
107 ave is probably the worst street in Etown from about 95 street all the west to the cemetery on 117 street, you'll see a lot of homeless people, drug addicts, hookers, etc. North of there up to the Yellow Head trail is basically shitty, its definitely working class and there's a lot of low income housing, this includes 118 avenue as well from about 97 street east all the way down to 34 street in an area called Abbotsfield. I used to live on 112 and 40 street and there's public housing and riff raff all over the place, basically anywhere north of Grant macEwan college down town is shitty, but south near Jasper and the River Valley is fine.

The south side is probably the best area to live in and that's why I always encouraged people to move around Whyte Ave and the university, there used to be a bit off riff raff down by the Macs store on 99th street but its been cleaned up, I don't usually see many crack heads around there anymore. There's some cheap apartments down by 99 and Whyte up to the Mill Creek bridge, after that its Bonnie Doon (where my condo is) and that area is fine. Mill Woods is really the only shitty area in the south and it isn't all that bad, there's some public housing but the only thing a guy would worry about is getting jumped by bored teenagers while walking home at night. In the west end, Stony Plain road is shitty too but they've been cleaning it up over the past few years.

Edmonton is fucking huge area wise and there's basically no reason why a guy with a decent job and a car would ever have to live in the above areas, back in 06' when I first moved out the place was a bit nuts with all of the people moving out en masse, there were a lot more crack heads and hookers on the streets but things seem to have changed a bit and Etown is a lot calmer now, I'd still rather live in Calgary though!

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
05-18-2014 12:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotian's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 05-18-2014 12:36 PM