Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Tresdus Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(06-04-2014 08:46 PM)Laurifer Wrote:  There are first aid companies here, i believe first level emt is a minimum. They give you a pick up truck with a camper on the back full of first aid/emt gear and you sit at a worksite. If you're way out in the bush, you hang out in camp all day and do a routine safety patrol once in a while. If an injury happens on site, you're the first responder on scene. I think you're also responsible for establishing a clear landing zone for helicopters so they can fly out seriously injured workers.

I can't remember the names of any of the companies, but you should be making no less than mid $20s an hour.

It's an 8 week course to become a medic for a site. Don't do it. It's the most fucking boring job on site. Your duties being a medic:

- Sign people in and out.
That's it. The girl we have on our site is literally sitting in her truck 12 hours a day just signing people in and out. There's so much weight on safety anyway that first aid is hardly ever needed.

Now you might think, that sounds like an awesome job. But believe me, you will get so bored. I watch a movie a day and have read 2 books in a week so far. I wouldn't want to sit in my truck any longer.
06-05-2014 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tresdus's post:
TonySandos

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Tresdus - 06-05-2014 07:01 PM