Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
An update on my end:

After almost 2 months here with no luck job wise, finally got 3 offers last week. 2 of which in my field. Started my job last week and for the past 10 days, it's been long days, waking up at 4:30am putting in 12-13 hour days and coming home past 7pm totally exhausted. Today had cramps in my legs as soon as I got home. I've never worked so hard in my life.

Despite this, I'm very happy as I got a job with a great company, in my field. I'm learning a ton each day. It's infinitely more interesting and fulfilling than being in a cubicle in the corporate world!

Yeah the money is good and will get REAL good once get my first ticket but I'm excited as this is not just a J.O.B. but a very lucrative career. It took me 2 months but at the end, persistence paid off and I'm glad I came here in the spring as opposed to going to the Phils for a while and then come back at square one needing to work here. Much better and wiser to be here, work and learn a trade and skill, build a career and then take off with peace of mind and money in the bank.

I will post this weekend, a more detailed post on my 2 months here leading to getting the job I had in mind when I first made the move here.

One piece of advice to anyone new here or looking to make the move:

Come prepared! That means, read this entire thread, at least once, preferably twice, take notes and take action on the golden advices in here. Bring enough $ to last you at least 2 months, ideally 3 months. And above all, be PATIENT!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 12:10 AM by Vacancier Permanent.)
06-13-2014 12:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Vacancier Permanent's post:
BusDev, TonySandos, DjembaDjemba, Sawyer

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Vacancier Permanent - 06-13-2014 12:08 AM