Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey,
Good to hear you'll make the move soon. Remember what I and many others who have made the move been writing here repeatedly : come prepared. That means have a place to stay at lined up. Yes the Hi Hostel on Whyte is where everyone stayed at but it's best to get a room ASAP. Make that your first priority here. Then, get your main and basic tickets ASAP! These are H2S, First Aid and CSTS/PST. Heck you could even go to the Bissell Centre and have them pay for your tickets, this saving about 400$!

http://bissellcentre.org/programs/employment-services/

Then once you have these done go pound the pavement. Go in person to every company in Nisku and Sherwood Park, resume and your tickets in hand and ask to speak to the hiring manager.

Yeah there are daily jobs like Labour Ready but best is to oh straight to Nisku and Sherwood Park.

Let me know when you get here. We'll have drinks. A+.
All the best!

P.S. T'es Québécois ou Francais?

(06-13-2014 12:49 AM)Sal Ceech Wrote:  VP

Mon Frere , congrats !!Very sound advice , but I can't stay here . My plan is to leave end of month . I'll have enough for a week's stay at the YMCA. The 1st proratity is a cash paid daily job, then the rest will fall into place. I know I'm pulling a cirque du soliel highwire act , yet lots of safety nets there. Here in Hammer town lots of rocks and hard places. People here expect me to fail . I
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2014 04:44 PM by Vacancier Permanent.)
06-14-2014 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vacancier Permanent's post:
TonySandos

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Vacancier Permanent - 06-14-2014 04:42 PM