Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Big Country Offline
Robin
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey guys, I just had a quick question regarding lifestyle and wanted to get everyone's perspective on it. For those who have moved across country or overseas, do you find yourself wanting to visit home very often? Would you guys ever leave during the heavy season for a week or two, or do you generally wait for spring break-up?

I imagine a lot of you are there with little to no family (like I will be), so I just wanted to get your thoughts. Also, is there a point in time after being out there for a while that the desire to go home lessens? I'm not very worried about missing family as I have lived on my own for the past five years but they were always just a quick drive away.

And finally did any of you leave with a girlfriend back home? I've already talked to mine and we have been moving towards an amicable break when the time comes, if only because I'm not interested in the long distance stuff. I'd be thankful for any thoughts you guys have. (PS, I changed my name from mauds)
06-24-2014 01:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Big Country - 06-24-2014 01:04 AM