Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The Borgias
the chef Offline
Woodpecker

The Borgias
has anyone watched the new television series "the borgias" on showtime? caught it on the plane to london the other day and i thought it was awesome. it's like a visually beautiful representation of the 48 laws of power ha. history, politics, religion, and sex all intertwined into one show.

for those not familiar with the borgia family, the series depicts the corruption and politics behind the pope (rodrigo borgia) and his family during the renaissance period. pope alexander aka rodrigo borgia and his family are spaniards who buy their way to power and have to face the scheming italian cardinals who put them into power in the first place.

when i watched this show i was reminded of this forum somehow. i thought a lot of the people interested in history/politics on here would enjoy it or already watch it.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 11:04 PM by the chef.)
06-01-2012 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
I'mWaitingForTheMan Offline
Woodpecker

RE: The Borgias
I watched a few episodes of this and couldn't get into it that much. For a period drama I liked The Tudors more.
06-01-2012 11:07 PM
raliv Offline
Woodpecker

ill check it out
06-01-2012 11:40 PM
Excelsior Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

Saw the whole first season and have tried to watch pieces of the second, but I have a hard time sticking with it. It just isn't as good as the show it replaced (The Tudors), and it doesn't really match up to its historical period drama/fiction counterparts either (i.e. Game of Thrones, Spartacus, Boardwalk Empire, etc).

Seemed like there was potential and I'll probably try to keep watching the second season later, but I just can't really get excited about it.

You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money.
06-02-2012 01:10 AM
dk902 Offline
Kingfisher

Never seen the series but I intend to get a book about the famiy soon. Theirs is a pretty fascinating story with Rodrigo Borgia being the pope and his son was a famous captain Cesare Borgia. It's said Cesare Borgia's face is the one used in the traditional paintings and images of Jesus.
06-02-2012 06:29 AM
Spike Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

I've read the Mario Puzo (author of the godfather) book about the borgia's years ago.It was very impressive.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.
06-02-2012 07:42 PM
the chef Offline
Woodpecker

ah, haven't looked up into the tudors, but have only heard good things about it. i'll check it out.
06-03-2012 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | RooshV.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication