Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Do young women know the meaning of sexism?
Sleek Offline
Robin

Do young women know the meaning of sexism?
I was standing outside my Psychology classroom today chatting up a girl a year younger I had never spoken to. She asked me if I thought our teacher was a sexist. I told her, actually, I thought he was gay. This man makes absolutely no remarks regarding gender roles. He has made no comments towards girls to discriminate on them. I went on to ask her, why do you think he is sexist? She said to just pay attention to what he does in class.

So I paid attention closely in class. And I found no evidence that would support him being a sexist. I met up with her after class and the first thing she said was: "See?!?" I asked what she was talking about. "See how he called on (girl) over (guy)?"

Wtf

sexism - prejudice or discrimination based on sex; especially : discrimination against women

I personally believe that men are fit to do certain tasks and women believe in certain tasks. Maybe today, in the modern world, this would be considered sexism.

In any event, girls are becoming more and more delusional when it comes to what classifies as sexism. This is not a good thing...
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 08:51 PM by Sleek.)
11-15-2012 08:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Tuthmosis Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Do young women know the meaning of sexism?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: sexist is starting to be used interchangeably with masculine. Most disturbingly, I've heard it applied in this way most by male white-knight types.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter
11-15-2012 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Tuthmosis's post:
username, Thomas the Rhymer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Common Phrases and Their Real Meaning WalterBlack 33 3,347 03-09-2019 04:55 AM
Last Post: 66Scorpio
  Another career ruined by bad game(?) - Woman sues for sexism after texts from exec Penta Sahi 28 4,214 01-23-2019 08:06 PM
Last Post: BostonBMW
  Article - Does 'The Voice' have a reverse sexism problem? (Grade A hamster inside) Rush87 1 1,288 05-21-2018 12:04 AM
Last Post: questor70