Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Vasalgel testing success, moving to phase two
Kickb Away
Hummingbird

Vasalgel testing success, moving to phase two
Looks like things are going well. Just need to avoid babies for two more years!

The Vasalgel Team sent me the following in an email today.

Success! Twelve Rabbits,
Six Months, No Sperm
Yesterday the 12th of 12 rabbits marked six months with Vasalgel™, the long-acting non-hormonal male contraceptive -- with no sperm at all since the second semen sampling!

We were nervous about this study, because it's crucial in determining whether the technology transfer from India went right. Does the new version of the gel (Vasalgel™) work as well as RISUG® in India? Did we successfully adapt the technology for production on a larger scale? It looks like we pulled it off -- so we're breathing a sigh of relief!

Next Steps
Some of the rabbits will now have the Vasalgel reversed by flushing it out with another injection; we're looking into adoption for them for afterwards. (We also require animal housing to meet the much stricter and more humane new European standards; for more information on why the European standards are better than the U.S. ones and what we're doing to try to create change within the system, see the FAQ section.)

At the same time there's a flurry of planning: Our small team is choosing manufacturing sites, figuring out final issues around syringe filling and sterilization, looking for a facility that can do a monkey study to our housing standards and within budget, preparing to talk with the FDA, and more.

Timeline to Clinical Trials
We are still aiming to start the first clinical trial by the end of this year, and to have Vasalgel to market by the end of 2015. (It'll be tight -- that's less than 3 years!) Some milestones:
Starting monkey study, and talking to FDA:
Next couple months
Crowdfunding: late spring (probably May)
Knowing more about clinical trial eligibility:
Summer or fall
Starting first small clinical trial (about 50 people):
End of year
Reversibility study and second, larger clinical trial:
Next year
Note: The first clinical trials are likely to be only open to men who are finished having children, since the reversibility studies haven't been done yet. (So far reversibility has only been studied in animals and a handful of men with RISUG® in India-- we're just starting reversibility studies of Vasalgel™.) Realistically, for most men it's going to be at least 2-3 years before Vasalgel™ is an option. Getting frustrated with current methods? Check out the Male Contraception Information Project's page about least-bad current options while you wait.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 01:14 PM by Kickb.)
03-21-2013 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Pacesetter20 Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

RE: Vasalgel testing success, moving to phase two
I'd be down to throw a few bucks at them.
03-21-2013 01:33 PM
durangotang Offline
Pelican

The minute RISUG is approved, I am booking a flight to India.

I’d rather be far right, than far wrong!
03-21-2013 01:45 PM
germanico Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

(03-21-2013 01:33 PM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  I'd be down to throw a few bucks at them.

Is there some way we can donate (or volunteer) to this research?
03-21-2013 01:48 PM
Kickb Away
Hummingbird

03-21-2013 01:56 PM
Kickb Away
Hummingbird

The researchers have moved to Human Trials.

We're getting closer.
02-07-2016 11:49 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Kickb's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, captain_shane, DJ-Matt, tynamite, 262
joost Offline
Kingfisher

I was reading about it today. Can't wait to try it.

From Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible...r_guidance
Quote:Potential hazards
The thoroughness of carcinogenicity, teratogenicity, and toxicity testing in clinical trials has been questioned. In October 2002, India's Ministry of Health aborted the clinical trials due to reports of albumin in urine and scrotal swelling in Phase III trial participants.[12] Although the ICMR has reviewed and approved the toxicology data three times, WHO and Indian researchers say that the studies were not done according to recent international standards. Due to the lack of any evidence for adverse effects, trials were restarted in 2011.[8]

Smart RISUG
Smart RISUG is a newer version of the male contraception that was published in 2009. This polymer adds iron oxide and copper particles to the original compound, giving it magnetic properties and the name “Smart” RISUG. After injection the exact location of the polymer inside the vas deferens can be measured and visualized by X-ray and magnetic imaging. The polymer location can also be externally controlled using a pulsed magnetic field. With this magnetic field, the polymer can change location inside the body to maximize sterility or can be removed to restore fertility. The polymer has magnetoelastic behavior that allow it to stretch and elongate to better line the vas deferens. The iron oxide component is necessary to prevent agglomeration. With the original RISUG polymer, the SMA can possibly clump as a reaction to neighboring proteins. With the presence of iron particles, the polymer has lower protein binding and therefore prevents agglomeration. This makes Smart RISUG safer for the user as it will not accidentally block the vas deferens. The copper particles in the compound allow the polymer to conduct heat. When an external microwave applies heat to the polymer, is can liquify the polymer again to be excreted to restore fertility. Smart RISUG is therefore better choice for men who want to use RISUG as temporary birth control, since it does not require a second surgery to restore fertility. The addition of metal ions also increases the effectiveness of the spermicide. The low frequency electromagnetic field disintegrates the sperm cell membrane in the head region. This in turn causes both acrosin and hyaluronidase enzymes to leak out of the sperm, making the sperm infertile. The safety of Smart RISUG is still being investigated. With literature research, the spermicidal properties of the compound should not have negative effects on the lining of the vas deferens. The albino rats used to develop the new polymer have not had any adverse symptoms.[13]
02-07-2016 12:04 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like joost's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Tactician, DJ-Matt
NY Digital Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

I think this is a dupe but latest update:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Baboo...lig180Jd9E

Quote:Last month marked the 12-month time point for one of the baboon subjects to have Vasalgel. He has been happily living with a big a group of females - and breeding - without any pregnancies occurring! Three other males will reach this same milestone at the end of this month. Vasalgel has worked great as a contraceptive in the preclinical studies so far.

Manufacturing Update:

Quote:Preparing Vasalgel for use in humans requires jumping through a lot of hoops! But we are making good progress. We are beginning the long process of mixing the clinical batch and filling and "qualifying" the vials (making sure they're compatible with Vasalgel). Stability and safety testing begin this winter to be ready to start the first clinical trial next year. As you can see, we're moving full steam ahead while we figure out reversibility issues. We're also seeking experienced partners to take Vasalgel the next steps while adhering to our social mission of pricing accessibility.

This is some great news. I'm really looking forward to this and I will jump on it as soon as it's available for public use.
02-07-2016 04:23 PM
MikeS Offline
Pelican

(02-07-2016 04:23 PM)NY Digital Wrote:  I think this is a dupe but latest update:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Baboo...lig180Jd9E

Quote:Last month marked the 12-month time point for one of the baboon subjects to have Vasalgel. He has been happily living with a big a group of females - and breeding - without any pregnancies occurring! Three other males will reach this same milestone at the end of this month. Vasalgel has worked great as a contraceptive in the preclinical studies so far.

Are volunteer human test subjects also supplied with a live-in harem?
02-07-2016 04:36 PM
[-] The following 14 users Like MikeS's post:
NY Digital, Gustavus Adolphus, Huey, Suits, captain_shane, Buck Wild, Disco_Volante, Ocelot, DJ-Matt, OGNorCal707, KofiKingston, tynamite, Hannibal, mpr
kerouac Offline
Ostrich

I can't wait to start squirting inside girls again.

"Let the squirting begin"
02-07-2016 05:01 PM
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

Will they even allow this? Or promote it to a wide audience?

If a country's eligible breeding stock of men were to have a significant percentage take this and no children were born in a matter of years, wouldn't this hurt in the long term?

The only people having kids like always will be the religious, poor and idiotic. Isn't this bad in the long run?
02-07-2016 05:51 PM
kimbo Offline
Pigeon
Gold Member

(02-07-2016 05:51 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  Will they even allow this? Or promote it to a wide audience?

If a country's eligible breeding stock of men were to have a significant percentage take this and no children were born in a matter of years, wouldn't this hurt in the long term?

The only people having kids like always will be the religious, poor and idiotic. Isn't this bad in the long run?

As opposed to men who are tricked by women who are "totally on the pill"? More power to men can't be a bad thing.

Will it lead to lower birth rates? I don't see how it could lead to higher rates, but the big drop came with the pill back in the day. I don't think it will drop further.
02-07-2016 06:26 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like kimbo's post:
Ocelot, Surreyman, Vice, mpr
captain_shane Offline
Banned

This shit should be mandatory to receive welfare benefits.

Regardless, this company is going to make a ridiculous amount of money, either by selling these like hot cakes, or selling the patent.

Billion dollar idea, but I could see a company like Trojan trying to buy them out.
02-07-2016 06:54 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes captain_shane's post:
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

(02-07-2016 06:26 PM)kimbo Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 05:51 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  Will they even allow this? Or promote it to a wide audience?

As opposed to men who are tricked by women who are "totally on the pill"? More power to men can't be a bad thing.

Will it lead to lower birth rates? I don't see how it could lead to higher rates, but the big drop came with the pill back in the day. I don't think it will drop further.

I'm not going on about the men who get tricked. More or less what the powers that be have seen in regards to the pill or elective surgery to remove the ability to procreate altogether.

At what stage does a country suffer due to the idiots procreating more than the useful people? There will be an even bigger hit should even 5% of the sexually active male population take this.

We're not far off articles made by women lamenting the ONS baby surprise or the lack of women getting kids with absent fathers who have the money to give up for child support.

Broke and poor men have nothing to give but men with resources do. If the men with resources took this birth control we will see a drop in the welfare going to women and their bastard children.
02-07-2016 07:00 PM
ball dont lie Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

(02-07-2016 07:00 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  At what stage does a country suffer due to the idiots procreating more than the useful people? There will be an even bigger hit should even 5% of the sexually active male population take this.

We're not far off articles made by women lamenting the ONS baby surprise or the lack of women getting kids with absent fathers who have the money to give up for child support.

Broke and poor men have nothing to give but men with resources do. If the men with resources took this birth control we will see a drop in the welfare going to women and their bastard children.

Its already idiocracy. Look at the birth rates for more developed countries. People who want a better life for their family wait, other people fuck and don't care about anything because big daddy government will pay for everything.

Its already there. This will make going raw all the time much better. Especially with LTR girls, no need for condoms, no need to worry about her actually taking the pill, or getting hormone shots and getting a big jaw and becoming an emotional trainwreck.

Win-win-win-win-win. Society, me, women, government, everything. Its an infinite win.
02-07-2016 11:04 PM
AntiMediocrity Offline
Woodpecker

My history of the pill is rather sketchy, but I would vouch that it too was not originally accepted, with promotion restricted. What about the condom? I guarantee that had some opposition too, although to a lesser extent because it also had the prevention of diseases behind it.

So far the only opposition, based on what I've read will be the same groups who campaigned against the above and lost, and women who are convinced men have no say in contraception, which is only the "Radical" feminists.

As balldontlie already wrote, we are already at the stage where your demographics are the ones having children. The only thing vasalgel or any other legit male contraceptive will change is that we will have a lot less unhappy families and therefore children who had a shitty childhood. And then you have to ask "How much crap in the world is caused by kids who don't have a father because he got trapped and GTFO?"

Captain_shane already provided the solution-If you want welfare, you gotta halt your kiddy production. That will prevent the many, MANY demographics who shit children out every year and leech the system. Including those who move to Europe just for that purpose.
02-08-2016 01:03 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes AntiMediocrity's post:
eatthishomie Offline
Pelican

Spermjacking bitches are gonna have to figure out a new way to trap men within the next two years. GTFO.

This is fantastic news.

Fuck Wendy Williams!

Feminists will start the anti-VG backlash and shaming campaigns sometime next year when VG gets closer to being reality, guaranteed.
02-08-2016 05:49 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like eatthishomie's post:
mpr, 262
Valentine Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

On one hand this is what globalists theoretically want - it'll result in a smaller population which is easier to control. They seem to have supported hookup culture, female employment, atheism, etc for precisely this purpose.

On the other hand it does mean a smaller tax base due to the reduced population and it also ensures a larger number of independent men are not trapped by the system in any way.

I'm really not sure if they'll allow this to go through. They will likely get bought out and this procedure made more inaccessible, but we'll see.
02-08-2016 07:48 AM
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

(02-07-2016 11:04 PM)ball dont lie Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 07:00 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  At what stage does a country suffer due to the idiots procreating more than the useful people? There will be an even bigger hit should even 5% of the sexually active male population take this.

Its already idiocracy. Look at the birth rates for more developed countries. People who want a better life for their family wait, other people fuck and don't care about anything because big daddy government will pay for everything.

Its already there. This will make going raw all the time much better. Especially with LTR girls, no need for condoms, no need to worry about her actually taking the pill, or getting hormone shots and getting a big jaw and becoming an emotional trainwreck.

Win-win-win-win-win. Society, me, women, government, everything. Its an infinite win.

I am on about the compounding effect here, not the state we're already in.

Men have no say in the process and by law are responsible even if the woman tricks him. This throws the ball out the stadium and leaves them high and dry.

A good example or two would be Simon Cowell and Jude Law.

Simon was fucking a woman who claimed she couldn't get pregnant. What else would a man like to hear? Raw dog all the way YEAHH!

She gets pregnant. Laugh He knows he fucked himself and has an image to protect. She is good looking enough too so theres that.

Jude law has a problem with fucking random groupie sluts raw. The guy has enough money but he is a classic case of being fooled and little to no will power in pulling out. I agree busting inside hot sluts is great but fucking hell, if these two men had this contraception we're talking about these women getting nothing out of the deal.

"I have Jude Laws son" runs off the tongue better than "I fucked Jude Law this one night".
02-08-2016 08:57 AM
joost Offline
Kingfisher

More news:

http://www.parsemusfoundation.org/contra...ight-team/

The impression I have is that they don't look experienced in both medical and finance.

Hard to wait.
02-17-2016 08:56 PM
Dr. Howard Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(02-17-2016 08:56 PM)joost Wrote:  More news:

The impression I have is that they don't look experienced in both medical and finance.

Hard to wait.

They should get Martin Skrielli or however you say it. He's got a drug/medical background and with a 4 million dollar IRS lien he's probably looking for work.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
02-17-2016 09:19 PM
rkIE Offline
Sparrow
Gold Member

(02-17-2016 09:19 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  
(02-17-2016 08:56 PM)joost Wrote:  More news:

Hard to wait.

They should get Martin Skrielli or however you say it. He's got a drug/medical background and with a 4 million dollar IRS lien he's probably looking for work.

I can't imagine a more efficient way to get bad publicity for Vasalgel than to get Martin Shkreli involved.
02-17-2016 10:57 PM
MKDAWUSS Offline
Kingfisher

Will the Fools and Drug Addicts approve of this?
02-17-2016 11:23 PM
mpr Offline
Woodpecker

(02-07-2016 05:51 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  If a country's eligible breeding stock of men were to have a significant percentage take this and no children were born in a matter of years, wouldn't this hurt in the long term?

If the global elites don't like the unintended consequences that their corrupt laws are causing, then they can repeal the corrupt laws. Repealing all child support and alimony laws should do it. As would giving tax incentives for reproduction to couples that have traits that you want to select for. If the powers that be would rather keep things the same then I'm fine with that too. I'll just grab a beer and laugh while watching it all burn down. I don't think that the political class and their plutocratic masters are that stubborn though.

"Those who will not risk cannot win." -John Paul Jones
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 12:17 AM by mpr.)
02-18-2016 12:17 AM
captain_shane Offline
Banned

I don't know about you guys, but after thinking about this more... Maybe it's because
i'm blazed as fuck right now, but I think a male contraceptive would be the
greatest invention in the history of humans so far for men.

Shooting a load inside a woman is one of the most amazing feelings in the
world.

But that's not the point.

Imagine the collective release of anxiety for young men around the world.
The ability to be a true neo-masculine man and do your own thing in your 20's
while playing the field and testing out your game, sex abilities, and man hood
without having anything to worry about outside std's. The overall relief would
be astounding.

Being 27 years old, if I end up knocking up one of these lizards, it's going to
hurt really bad. I'm on the brink of making a ridiculous amount of money, and
a kid would really fuck things up. If i could take a pill, or get one of these
vasalgel surgeries, the amount of stress and anxiety that fills me up anytime
I hook up with one of these women would vanish. I would be able to live with a
free mind and eliminate the biggest worry I have at this point in my life.

If this vasalgel stuff doesn't go through, I'm going to take a serious look into
alternatives for this. This is not only a billion dollar idea, this is life changing
product that will change history.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2016 03:39 AM by captain_shane.)
02-19-2016 03:38 AM