Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Making Money Live on a resort in the Philippines for 6 months FREE
OSL Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Live on a resort in the Philippines for 6 months FREE
-

CHECK THIS OUT.

-

On our podcast we talk a lot about the currencies of time, income, and mobility work together as a system. You can often sacrifice one currency to gain another.

Given the option, which currency would you optimize for?

I’m not shy about wanting to become wealthy, or travel around, but for me it was always time that was the most appealing. I believed if I had the time to read the books, to apply the concepts, to build something from scratch, I would be okay.

This is an opportunity for somebody looking to maximize their time.

I can promise you this– on this lonely little island in the Philippine archipelago, you’ll have a lot of it.

If you have a friend who would love to spend a few quiet months in a resort in the Philippines, I would appreciate you forwarding this post to them. Thank you!

Over the past few years, my good friend Sean has graciously hosted 5 online marketers at his Badladz resorts in Puerto Galera, Philippines. If you are interested in how this works, you must listen to this podcast interview with him. The last guy, Jeff Parke, has been here almost five months (and will continue to stay on through October, he’ll be there to get the new person up to speed). Just like the interns who preceded him, he has managed to turn months of zero cost living into a jumping off point to bootstrap his own business.

There is hardly a better spot on the planet to baseline your expenses, relax, and focus on your work. Perhaps you’ve got a few bucks saved up, an internet business already started, or maybe you just want to chill out on a tropical island for a few months and write a novel.

You’ll be treated like a VIP by Mylene and the friendly staff at Badladz. Included in the deal is a free room at the Badladz resort, 3 full meals per day, free laundry service, and free use of the Badladz motor scooters.

Just imagine how creative you can be without any distractions– no cooking, cleaning, laundry, commute, shopping, bills, or odd jobs. You’ll be (quite literally) waited on every day.

So what’s the catch? Well it’s not all fun and games— you’ll be expected to spend two hours a day, 5 days a week, serving as the resort’s marketing director. You’ll basically be updating social media sites and blog content. You’ll also be expected to help out as the resident ‘expert’ on a day-to-day basis. You’ll be called on a lot as resident smart person and Internet guru. Your ideas for how to improve the resort– from improving the router, to Youtube strategy, to updating the affiliate programs– will likely be implemented. Sean is cool like that.

We are looking for helpful team players willing to be part of the Badladz crew. Everyone in Puerto Galera will get to know you and you’ll become part of the family here at Badladz.

Here’s Jeff, the guy currently hanging out on the beach:

You will manage the following processes:

-General tech support around the resorts.
-Regularly update marketing for websites.
-Continue ongoing marketing campaigns.
-Maintain existing booking agencies and implement new ones (Agoda and similar).
-Update social media sites continually.
-You’ll be working on Sean’s Youtube channel, Resort Rebel, Badladz, Badladz dive shop, among other evolving projects and businesses.

General expectations of you are:

-You are results focused.
-You’ve got no problem with tech and marketing stuff– WordPress, content marketing, social media, SEO, Aweber, affiliate programs and all the rest.
-Excellent WordPress skills. The whole business runs on WordPress, so we are looking for people with a demonstrated track record with the platform.
-Excellent with computers in general.
-Functional SEO for websites and YouTube videos (Sean’s videos have over 1 Million views!!!).
-The Philippines is a crazy developing country, candidates will do well to address the “fit” issue and let us know why they are drawn and prepared to live in a random island in the Philippines (or show some kind of experience or drive to do so).

Some words from previous people who had this position:

From Jeff Parke (the current TMBA):

Quote:“This is one of the best opportunities in the location independent entrepreneurial universe.

This is not an exaggeration, the day I applied to the TMBA internship was one of the most important days of my life. Soon I was hopping a flight to the other side of the planet and accelerating toward the lifestyle I’d been clawing after.

The beauty of this internship is that you have an unbelievable amount of time on your hands to do whatever-the-hell-you-want. For me that has been tapping away on the laptop, making new connections, and bootstrapping an online biznass. Back in the States, I tried to make it happen on nights and weekends as I suffered through the corporate day-job grind.

Here, you can truly reclaim your time and energy, and use it to wrangle whatever you’re dreaming up.

Speaking of dreaming, I still have to pinch myself sometimes as I look up from my laptop and gaze out at the turquoise waters and green islands in the distance.

Mylene, Sean, and the staff at Badladz are all really great people and will take care of just about anything you need. I’ve had a ton of fun here and recommend it to anyone who wants to take their business/lifestyle to the next level.”

Logistics:

The compensation for this job is free room, 3 daily meals (delicious!), laundry, and motorbike usage for 6 months.

Application deadline is 12PM EST Wednesday evening August 14th.

We’ll make our decision by the following Wednesday, August 21st.

Full time job starts October 1st, 2013. We’ll make sure Jeff is on the ground to get you trained up on all the systems at the resort.

The deal extends for 6 months.

Here’s how you can apply:

Record a 1:00 video of yourself. Tell us why you’d be a great fit for Sean’s resort. Set the video as “unlisted” and grab the URL.

Fill out this form, and be sure to have your Youtube (or other video sharing service) link handy.

That’s it!

If you have any questions about the offers above, please ask them in the comments so I can answer them for everyone’s benefit.

Cheers!

Dan

---
08-09-2013 08:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like OSL's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Atlantic, TravelHardcore, alchemical
Drazen Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Live on a resort in the Philippines for 6 months FREE
Holy crap...never knew you were on here. I listen to your podcast and saw you on the fast lane forum too
08-10-2013 01:51 PM
Safado Offline
Robin

YMG isn't TMBA
08-10-2013 01:58 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Safado's post:
Drazen, OSL
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Dan does check these forums and at times even posts (albeit very rarely now a days).

Regarding this offer, it's a life changer for anyone who gets it!
08-10-2013 02:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vacancier Permanent's post:
Thehustler
ausnat Offline
Banned

Quote:You will manage the following processes:

-You’ll be working on Sean’s Youtube channel, Resort Rebel, Badladz, Badladz dive shop, among other evolving projects and businesses.

-You’ve got no problem with tech and marketing stuff– WordPress, content marketing, social media, SEO, Aweber, affiliate programs and all the rest.
-Excellent WordPress skills. The whole business runs on WordPress, so we are looking for people with a demonstrated track record with the platform.
-Functional SEO for websites and YouTube videos (Sean’s videos have over 1 Million views!!!).
-The Philippines is a crazy developing country, candidates will do well to address the “fit” issue and let us know why they are drawn and prepared to live in a random island in the Philippines (or show some kind of experience or drive to do so).

high expectations

have to be a moron to to sign up for this. basically slave labour
08-10-2013 04:16 PM
Thehustler Offline
Pigeon

(08-10-2013 04:16 PM)ausnat Wrote:  
Quote:You will manage the following processes:

high expectations

have to be a moron to to sign up for this. basically slave labour

Thanks for really taking the time to elaborate your point.
08-10-2013 11:19 PM
Crow
Gold Member

ausnat,
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Do you have any idea who Dan is and what the TMBA is all about?

From your two liner, it seems you are totally oblivious to what this is all about.

Newsflash: as a cubicle monkey, you also have a long list of duties while being paid peanuts. Not to mention the long hours and the stress of the job along with always walking on egg shells in order not to offend any of femicunts or manginas/white knights/betas/fags working there and have HR on your back. And you think this is not slave labor?

In case you missed it, the 2 main attractions of this deal are:
- networking and getting plugged into the network of the most successful, brightest and yet coolest guys in the world.
- freeing your most valuable and most precious asset, your time, to first learn from the best in order to build your own location independent biz.

Both of which are simply priceless. Very sad that you can't see that.

Now tell me, is it really being a moron to sign up for such a deal?
08-10-2013 11:49 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Vacancier Permanent's post:
, OSL, Suits
FitAsFuck Offline
Sparrow

Nice leveraging of some very good assets. To the ignorant bystander, it sure looks like a very bad deal. But for the right person this sure is an awesome opportunity.

Life, Fitness - Keep It Simple Stupid

Man is troubled not by events - but by the meaning which he gives them.
08-11-2013 04:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes FitAsFuck's post:
Vacancier Permanent
ausnat Offline
Banned

(08-10-2013 11:49 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Now tell me, is it really being a moron to sign up for such a deal?

yes
08-11-2013 05:33 AM
ausnat Offline
Banned

Quote:- networking and getting plugged into the network of the most successful, brightest and yet coolest guys in the world.
lol
Quote:freeing your most valuable and most precious asset, your time, to first learn from the best in order to build your own location independent biz.
if you have to move overseas for it, your doing it wrong
08-11-2013 05:36 AM
AntiTrace Offline
Ostrich

Ausnat: Mocking others while providing no valuable input is the easiest way to ensure your stay here at RVF will be short.

This sounds like it would be a good internship for a younger guy.

Can you break down who "Dan" is and what TMBA is all about? Because I don't got a clue.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha
08-11-2013 06:25 AM
OSL Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Dan Andrews runs http://www.tropicalmba.com

You should listen to his podcast too: http://www.lifestylebusinesspodcast.com

He successfully built a $1M/year biz exporting cat/pet products to the US. He's based mostly out of Bali, Philippines, and other spots in SE Asia.
08-11-2013 06:32 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes OSL's post:
Vacancier Permanent
WanderingSoul Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(08-11-2013 05:36 AM)ausnat Wrote:  
Quote:- networking and getting plugged into the network of the most successful, brightest and yet coolest guys in the world.
lol
Quote:freeing your most valuable and most precious asset, your time, to first learn from the best in order to build your own location independent biz.
if you have to move overseas for it, your doing it wrong

Why wouldn't someone prefer to spend their free time on a tropical beach in the Philippines?

Thanks for adding value to the forum. You seem like a smart fella.
08-11-2013 06:39 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like WanderingSoul's post:
OSL, Beyond Borders
Crow
Gold Member

I applied for this. This will be an incredible opportunity to finally get my projects going and to get a killer network built in the process. Not to mention an awesome lifestyle.

I'm extremely excited and cant wait to hear back. I do think I have a valid shot at this!

I'll keep you guys updated on this.
08-15-2013 01:04 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like Vacancier Permanent's post:
OSL, Drazen, Thehustler, Cr33pin, Brosemite, MikeCF, Cruisen_Chubby
patron Offline
Banned

I am willing to give anyone on the forum a free place to stay in Cabarete, Dominican Republic. If they want to help promote my business. 2 bedroom villas with pool. Short walk to beach/city center.
08-15-2013 04:29 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like patron's post:
Vacancier Permanent, OSL, Thehustler, JWAP
Crow
Gold Member

Patron,
What kind of business do you have in the DR? Is that a resort/hotel? If yes, then you may want to do what Sean from the Badladz resort has been doing to grow his little resort from no online presence at all into a mega success where his site and Youtube videos are getting about 1 million views per month!

Tell us more about your biz and what you'd be looking for. I think there's a HUGE opportunity for both guys with the internet marketing skills and resort owners. Specially the small and medium resorts, to get together and work together to bring their resort the much needed online presence. That would definitely benefit their presence and give them a huge brandability as the Badladz resorts have been able to gain over 2 years since starting.

I'm looking to get into this kind of market.
08-15-2013 06:20 PM
patron Offline
Banned

I have 4 house like this. With permits and property to build an additional 4 more house. Total of 8 houses with a huge tropical swimming pool. Location is great. A short walk to everything in Cabarete.

My plan was to sell the houses, but the economy crashed, so I will be renting them out instead.

I am not sure how to market them. That is why I would be happy to exchange some free nights in the villas for some marketing.
08-15-2013 06:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes patron's post:
Vacancier Permanent
Crow
Gold Member

That looks like a nice house!
Would you be willing to do something like what Sean at the Badladz has been doing in the Philippines for the past few years? He's been letting one guy at a time to stay at his resort, get a free room and 3 meals per day in exchange for 2 hours/day of work on marketing and developing an online presence for the resort. Each guy would stay for about 6 month and at the end, leave or stay.

That has been wildly successful for both the resort in establishing them as a must stay place in the area and for the guy staying there as that gave them the time needed to get their own projects off the ground. Classic win win.

Thoughts?

I'm sure many skilled internet marketers guys would be willing to jump on such a deal in the DR, me included.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 07:45 PM by Vacancier Permanent.)
08-15-2013 07:37 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

I think that ultimately whether this is a good deal or not is that the devil is in the details.

If the details are that you are working 2 hours a day, maybe 5 or 6 days a week for free room, lodging, food and laundry services, it may be worth it, depending on how much stress those 10-12 hours per week are and if you have the skills to be able to be productive in 10-12 hours per week with the skill-set that they are expecting to be carried out. This kind of exchange may work for some people; however, for guys on this forum, the location and situation may be too isolated and not enough hot babes in the area.. yet those kinds of details were not really mentioned; however, we likely know if it is a small population community, there would likely be slim pickings of young and attractive female folk.
08-16-2013 12:52 AM
Aliblahba Offline
Banned

(08-11-2013 06:32 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  He successfully built a $1M/year biz exporting cat/pet products to the US.

He makes a million a year but can't afford to pay in intern? With that kind of money I'd want to pay proven talent to promote my biz.

(08-15-2013 04:29 PM)patron Wrote:  I am willing to give anyone on the forum a free place to stay in Cabarete, Dominican Republic. If they want to help promote my business. 2 bedroom villas with pool. Short walk to beach/city center.

I'll stay there provided you supply me with copious amounts of rum and pussy.
08-16-2013 12:58 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Aliblahba's post:
JayJuanGee, JWAP
OSL Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

-

People seem to be really confused.

I am NOT Dan Andrews or the guy who is making this offer.

I saw this in my email inbox and thought that it would be interesting to post on here so I did.

I'm not affiliated with this offer. If you want to apply you have to get in touch with the guys offering it, not me.

-
08-16-2013 01:00 AM
OSL Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(08-16-2013 12:58 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 06:32 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  He successfully built a $1M/year biz exporting cat/pet products to the US.

He makes a million a year but can't afford to pay in intern? With that kind of money I'd want to pay proven talent to promote my biz.

(08-15-2013 04:29 PM)patron Wrote:  I am willing to give anyone on the forum a free place to stay in Cabarete, Dominican Republic. If they want to help promote my business. 2 bedroom villas with pool. Short walk to beach/city center.

I'll stay there provided you supply me with copious amounts of rum and pussy.

All right so Dan himself is not offering this package.

The guy who owns BadLadz is offering this package.

Dan just happened to market/promote this offer via email marketing or FB, which is how I found it, and then I copy pasted it onto the forum

I don't think you would be working for Dan Andrews. He's made it clear a bunch of times on his podcast that he doesn't believe in unpaid internships.

I really should have clarified all of this better in the beginning.

-
08-16-2013 01:03 AM
Aliblahba Offline
Banned

Does the room have A/C? Huge game changer. Also, do you get to eat with the owner or the hired help? 3 "yummy" meals is totally different between the proprietor and the pinoys cleaning toilets. The difference in balut or lecon baboy. Also, is the flight provided?
08-16-2013 01:13 AM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(08-16-2013 12:58 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

This is a really good point Ali (and a good way of making it succinctly). It should make a person wonder why there would not be some kind of stipend involved, especially b/c the position seems fairly important to the success of the business in getting customers.
08-16-2013 01:15 AM
Aliblahba Offline
Banned

The job sounds so good, I would volunteer to work 12 hours a day, not just 2.
08-16-2013 01:23 AM